Monday, February 22, 2010

Pants-less

The Sewing Expo is only 3 days away! (Actually only 2 but I can't go until Friday, so 3 for me).  Friday is Recycled Denim Day so I've been trying to come up with a beautiful-creative-yet-stylish-and-"cool" project to wear. 

I have a pair of jeans that I thought would be perfect.  1) I got them from Goodwill, so cheap and already upcycled, 2) I never wear them, so increase my wardrobe, and 3) they are denim!

What to do?
I could felt them....
I could add beadwork....
I could cut them into a skirt....
I could add a cute patch (like one of the many I have made and never used)...
I could do any number of embellishments, 
 Heck, I could even add some crochet edging....

But alas none of these were choosen.  Instead I decided to add very bright, big ruffles down each side.  

Cricket...

Cricket...

...did I mention I made a pocket on the back of my sizable bum to match?


Cricket...
.. and that the pants are like a size 22.

Yeah.
Once hubby and the teen stopped laughing, they tried to make me feel better by saying, "Well, if there was anywhere you could get away with these, it would be your Sewing expo. Ole!"

Needless to say, the ruffles are gone. Back to square one.  What to do with the pants.  Auugh!!  I feel like I have writers-block for sewing...is that called sewing-block?  Creative-block?  And only 2 nights to go!!!

I'll keep you all posted.  But no pictures until they are done!  Thankfully there were no ruffle photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment